Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Riding Herd

On the first three Wednesdays of the month I make a run out to the missions to check on the flock. While I was at it I checked on the herd as well. This week was Hulett. 
If you travel to the Black Hills in August you got to take the steel horse
The cows are sure taking to their new pasture. Fat and sassy 
These ole girls look like 4H steers. I think 24 will be the first to go
This is my boy Joe, he's lovin life in Wyoming.
You ain't no cowboy unless you walk around with a piece of Timothy in your mouth!
After Mass on the feast of the Dedication of the Basilica of Saint Mary Major: Joe, Terry, Fr. Super Puncher, Tom, Chrystal, & Linda


Inspired words

Hugh Cook and I grabbed a burger at the Tower on our way home. Not a bad view as we enjoyed our Wyoming beef and cold Coors Light. Life as a missionary priest in God's country is pretty tough duty. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful end of the state to ride in! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Bread of Life

The risen Lord is present in the Eucharist.            https://youtu.be/PL6LnXr9lCo